Friday, January 30, 2009

I Heart Pork



I finally went to Porchetta last week. It opened several months ago, less than a mile away from my apartment - but for some reason I'd never ventured all the way there. I think once I'd passed by and there were too many ppl, and other times, I guess I just thought $9 for a pork sandwich was a bit pricey.

It was worth it. Still a bit expensive, but the little juicy bits of pork cracklings, fatty goodness and herb mixture - yumyumyum. The sandwich is not too large, which is perfect when you're trying not to overeat in the new year. But frankly, I think the $15 plate is a better deal. You get cooking greens, beans, and a hefty portion of porky pig.

Sara Jenkins is almost always there herself, and has wonderful delicious special sides and soups as well. Cauliflower w/ crispy prosciutto and winter lentil when I went. Perfect for a cold winter day. Tiny space though, and be prepared to be crammed inside with a ton of other pork lovers.

No comments: